900 Clock Hours/ 48 weeks/ 48 Units
Develop your reading and writing skills with Giligia College English as a Second Language Program. Learn by reading, writing, and using reference materials, and learn about sentence structure, the writing process, and how to properly use parts of speech.
Vocational English as a Second Language Program Details
In the Giligia College English as a Second Language program, you’ll learn how to:
* Select main ideas and interpret what you read
* Compose unified, coherent, and effectively structured paragraphs
* Write letters
* Use effective and appropriate vocabulary
* Express your feelings, thoughts, and ideas easily and accurately
The English as a Second Language Certificate Program has been designed to provide non-native students with the necessary language skills and basic information needed to become successful self-supporting members of society. The program is particularly well suited for students who have basic job skills, but who lack the ability to work in their vocational fields because of the inability to communicate effectively in English.
Here are a few qualities that effective readers and writers have in common:
* Independent: You are self-motivated and work best on your own.
* Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
* Patient: You understand that good work takes time, and you work well despite obstacles.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2015-16 Edition, English Language and Literature Teachers, on the Internet HERE. Statistics found in the United States Department of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook are based on national data, so job growth in your area may be different