HOW TO QUALIFY FOR STATE-FUNDED TRAINING
ETP state-funded training is available at Giligia College in Van Nuys, California for employees of California companies that meet the following easy requirements:
EMPLOYER / COMPANY REQUIREMENTS
California companies qualify to receive ETP-funded training for their employees providing they have less than a 21% turnover rate and can fulfill at least one of the following three requirements:
(A) The company’s primary business is manufacturing, pre-packaged software, or motion picture/video production.
(B) Or, 25% or more of the company’s business is sold outside of the State of California using California employees.
(C) Or, the company is losing business to competitors located outside California.
California employees who work for a company that qualifies for ETP funding can receive training with Giligia College if they meet all five 5 of the following requirements:
1) They are a full-time, permanent employee (minimum of 35 hours per week) earning a minimum of $16.04 per hour. The value of company-paid medical benefits can be added to their salary to meet the $16.04 minimum.
2) They are committed to completing training and remain employed for 90 days after training.
3) They were not enrolled in another ETP training program through another contractor during the past 90 days.
4) They are not a top-level executive and they do not set company policy.
5) They are not currently enrolled in a work share program.