Did you know that computer support specialist jobs are expected to increase 17% in the coming years? Develop your skills with the Giligia College PC and Computer Maintenance Technology Certificate Program, and take the first step towards your IT career goals.
Your lessons include information on PC repair, computer applications, PC operating systems, PC hardware, network protocols and internetworking, Internet security, database technology.
PC System Technician Program Details
In the Giligia College PC System Technician Certificate Program you'll cover topics on:
* Installing, troubleshooting, and operating software and hardware
* Performing maintenance tasks on computers and networks
* Working with Internet applications and security
* Programming in CGI/Perl and Java and advanced database technology
The PC System Technician Certificate Program helps students learn how to install and troubleshoot personal computers and related equipment, perform maintenance on computers and networks, and more. Here are a few qualities that competent computer maintenance technicians have in common:
* Analytical: You use logic and careful analysis to solve a problem.
* Problem solving: Finding the missing piece can be challenging and rewarding.
* Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
* Persistent: Obstacles are part of the job and not a reason to become frustrated.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Computer Support Specialists, on the Internet HERE. Statistics found in the United States Department of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook are based on national data, so job growth in your area may be different.